Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thing 5

Every time I title a new blog entry, I think of Dr. Seuss' Thing 1 and Thing 2. :)

I really like the toolbar button to subscribe with Bloglines. It is the simplest way to subscribe to an RSS feed and saves the time of looking around for an RSS button.

Searching for blogs through Google Blog Search and Technorati showed the overwhelming amount of blogs that are out there. Their general search tool often gave a lot of hits that weren't really about the topics for which I was looking. My search term may have been mentioned once in one blog entry, but the subject of the blog was quite different. Searching the tags in Technorati helped get better results, but there are still so many blogs!

Using RSS will help me keep track of blogs that I enjoy without having to remember to visit each individual site.

1 comment:

  1. You're not the first to mention Dr. Seuss. Haha!

    Glad you are making sense of RSS and seeing the benefit.

    Good going so far!

    ReplyDelete